Mushroom and onion soups make an easy, pleasing sauce for chicken and rice casserole.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 2 cups water
In a 9 x 13 inch baking dish, melt butter or margarine. Salt and pepper chicken pieces, and place them in dish. Sprinkle with onion soup mix, add mushroom soup, and spread dry rice evenly over all. Add 2 cups of water. Seal with foil.
Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for approximately 1 hour .