Beginning with my Fast Chicken Soup Base it is easy to knock hours off of the cooking time usually needed for homemade chicken soup and still end up with soup that tastes even better than the 'from scratch' method. With a little creativity you can easily
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 recipe Fast Chicken Soup Base
- 2 (16 ounce) cans white beans, drained
- 1 cup small pasta, such as ditalini
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Prepare Fast Chicken Soup Base. Bring to a simmer.
Add these, then simmer until tender, 10-20 minutes: 2 16-ounce cans white beans, drained; 1 cup small pasta, such as ditalini; 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes; 2 tsps. minced fresh rosemary.
Before removing from heat, stir in: 12 cup chopped fresh parsley.
Final touch: Add salt and pepper, to taste. Serve soup with grated Parmesan cheese.
This recipe was originally featured in the USA WEEKEND article Soup Up Your Chicken Soup on February 23, 2003.
Find the Perfect Recipe from Pam Anderson.Copyright 2004 USA WEEKEND and columnist Pam Anderson. All rights reserved.