For some reason or another, this seems to be a favorite of the men in my family.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 3 cups cooked, cubed chicken meat
- 8 ounces spaghetti, broken into pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped pimento peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
Put uncooked spaghetti in a large pot of salted boiling water. Let simmer, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until pasta is al dente. Drain.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a large bowl combine the chicken, cooked spaghetti, pimento, bell pepper, onion, soup, wine and 1 cup of the cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste and mix all together. Spread mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Sprinkle remaining cup of cheese on top and bake for another 15 minutes.