Chicken, pasta and vegetables drowning in spaghetti sauce and topped with processed cheese in a casserole the kids will especially love.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 (8 ounce) package spaghetti
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cooked
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can chopped black olives
- 1 (4 ounce) jar sliced pimento peppers, drained
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 pound processed cheese
Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water until done.
Saute onion, celery, and bell pepper in oil until tender.
In a 9 x 13 inch baking pan, combine saute mixture with chicken, cooked spaghetti, soup, olives, pimentos, and mushrooms.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes. Slice cheese, place evenly across top of casserole, and bake until cheese is melted. Cool and serve.