This is an exotic yet easy to make chicken curry stew. The coconut milk brings a Thai influence to this quick microwave main dish.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped or sliced
- 1 cup peeled potatoes, cut in 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup halved baby carrots
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen baby lima beans
- 1/4 (12 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 cup fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce (such as Tabasco), or to taste
- Parsley or cilantro for garnish
Put all ingredients in a large microwave-safe bowl and mix thoroughly. Cover tightly and microwave on high for 30-40 minutes.