A chicken variation of the classic mushroom-sour cream sauce over noodles, this easy recipe also sports tomato in the flavor mix.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 (8 ounce) package egg noodles
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 (26 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute onions until soft, then add mushrooms, chicken and garlic powder and stir together. Saute 15 to 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add noodles and boil for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain, return noodles to pot and set aside.
Mix sour cream and soup together in a medium bowl, then add to chicken mixture. Heat through, then add to noodles and stir all together. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve hot.