These chicken stuffed shells are easy and very yummy. Plus they heat up as leftovers really well! My family loves them!!! I usually cook a 3-4 pound chicken and use it for the shells and a chicken salad.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (6 ounce) package dry bread stuffing mix
- 1 (12 ounce) package jumbo pasta shells
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- garlic powder (optional)
- 1 whole cooked chicken, boned and shredded
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Prepare the stuffing according to package directions.
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place pasta shells in the pot, cook 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente, and drain.
In a saucepan, mix the cream of celery soup, cream of chicken soup, and chicken broth. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cook and stir 5 minutes, or until heated through.
In a bowl, mix the chicken and prepared stuffing. Fill the cooked pasta shells with the chicken mixture, and arrange in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Pour the soup mixture over the stuffed shells. Cover baking dish with aluminum foil.
Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until bubbly.