It should surprise no one that this chicken and rice casserole with tomatoes and mushrooms tastes great!
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast meat - cubed
- 2 cups water
- 2 cubes chicken bouillon
- 2 cups uncooked white rice
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, drained
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
Saute chicken in a large skillet over medium high heat until it is cooked through and juices run clear. Meanwhile, bring water and bouillon to a boil in a large pot; when boiling, add rice, stir, cover pot and remove from heat. Let sit 5 minutes or until water is absorbed.
To rice add cooked chicken, tomatoes and mushrooms and stir together over medium low heat to heat through. Serve hot.