So simple to make and so comforting to eat, this homey baked dish is an uncomplicated blending of chicken, mushrooms, cream of chicken soup and sour cream with spaghettini noodles. Pour into a casserole dish and bake with a sprinkling of Parmesan.
INGREDIENTS (for 5 servings):
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 2 (8 ounce) cans mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves, cooked
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Break spaghettini into 1 inch pieces. Cook according to package directions. Drain.
Saute mushrooms in butter or margarine. Cut chicken into large pieces, and mix with mushrooms. Stir in sour cream and condensed soup. Fold in noodles. Turn into a buttered casserole dish, and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
Bake at 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) for 40 minutes.