Chicken thighs slowly simmer with sliced mushrooms, garlic, and rosemary in white wine. Enjoy with a crusty loaf of baguette.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 5 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and halved
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 pound chicken thighs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 12 Nicoise olives
Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in mushrooms, and cook until soft. Remove to a plate.
Wipe out skillet, and heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Place garlic, rosemary, and chicken thighs in hot oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, turning chicken, until chicken and garlic are well browned.
Return mushrooms to skillet, and sprinkle red pepper flakes over chicken. Pour in white wine, scraping the bottom of the skillet with a wooden spoon. Cook about 3 minutes.
Reduce heat to low; cover, and simmer gently for 1 hour.
Sprinkle tomatoes and olives over chicken, return cover, and cook about 5 minutes more.