This recipe was one of those great surprises you invent by throwing everything you have in the house together. It is a very versatile recipe in that you can substitute any chicken parts for the thighs, use whatever vegetables and herbs you have in the ho
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 yellow squash, chopped
- 1 small eggplant, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 (10 ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup with herbs
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the squash, eggplant, mushrooms, onion and garlic. Cook and stir for about 5 minutes, until lightly browned. Transfer to a 9x13 inch baking dish.
In a medium bowl, stir together the condensed soup, chicken broth, garlic salt and pepper. Pour half of this mixture over the vegetables. Place chicken thighs over the top of the vegetables, and sprinkle with Swiss cheese. Pour the rest of the soup over all.
Bake uncovered for 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.