This is a minestrone-like soup with frozen carrot slices, bow-tie pasta, chopped spinach and chicken simmered in a tomato and chicken broth.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen diced carrots
- 4 cups tomato-vegetable juice cocktail
- 4 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups farfalle pasta
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
In a large saucepan over medium high heat, combine the chicken, onion, garlic and butter or margarine. Saute for about 5 minutes, or until the onions are tender. Add the carrots, tomato vegetable juice, water, macaroni and seasoning.
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes. Add the spinach and cook 5 more minutes. Serve hot with the crackers.