This is a great tasting, simple to make soup. It consists of diced chicken breast with an array of mixed vegetables. It's relatively low in fat and high in taste.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast meat - cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup chopped cauliflower
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 cups whole peeled tomatoes with liquid, chopped
- 4 cups fat free chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 6 drops hot pepper sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. add the chicken and saute for 5 to 10 minutes, or until browned; set aside.
To the same saucepan add the onion, garlic and carrots and saute for about 3 to 5 minutes. Then add the broccoli, cauliflower, celery, tomatoes, chicken broth and reserved chicken.
Stir together well, bring to a slow boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes. Stir in the spinach, hot pepper sauce and salt and pepper to taste.