Canned this and that--soup, mushrooms, peanuts, water chestnuts, French fried onions--make this flavorful baked chicken a snap to prepare.
INGREDIENTS (for 5 servings):
- 2 cups diced, cooked chicken meat
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 onion, diced and cooked until soft
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1 (6 ounce) can French fried onions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Combine the chicken, soup, rice, mushrooms, diced onion, ground pepper, celery, water chestnuts and peanuts. Put mixture in a 9x13 inch casserole dish. Sprinkle 1/2 can of the French fried onions on top and bake in the preheated oven until bubbly and onions are crisp. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 of fried onions on top and serve.