Melt-in-your-mouth artichokes crown chicken baked in a mushroom-sherry glaze.
INGREDIENTS (for 5 servings):
- 3 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons sherry
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper and paprika to taste. Melt butter or margarine in heavy skillet and brown chicken on all sides. Remove to covered 9x13 inch casserole.
Add mushrooms to pan drippings and saute. Add flour and gradually add stock or broth and sherry. Season with rosemary; deglaze skillet.
Arrange artichoke hearts among the chicken pieces and pour sauce over all. Cover and bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 40 minutes or until tender.