I usually make this the day after we have roast chicken. The recipe calls for baking, but the ingredients can also be added to a slow cooker and cooked on Low for 7 hours. We serve this with cheese, tortilla chips, sour cream, salsa, black olives, and gua
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) package black beans, cooked and drained
- 2 ounces green chile peppers, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup uncooked white rice
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in onions, and cook until soft and translucent. Stir in chicken; cook until golden on all sides. Pour onions and chicken into a casserole dish. Stir in tomatoes, black beans, chile peppers, cilantro, cumin, and rice.
Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes.