Bake up a comforting blend of chicken and vegetables in a flavorful sauce of cream of potato and cream of broccoli soups enriched with milk and a dash of dried thyme. Toss with tender egg noodles, cover with Colby cheese and finish in the oven.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and cubed
- 1 (16 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- 1 (15 ounce) can mixed vegetables
- 1 cup frozen broccoli
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of potato soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of broccoli soup
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded Colby cheese
Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain.
In a 2 quart saucepan, mix cooked chicken, cream of potato soup, cream of broccoli soup, milk, mixed vegetables, broccoli, salt, pepper, and thyme. Cook over medium heat until broccoli is cooked. Mix with egg noodles. Spread into a greased 9 x 13 inch pan. Cover.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20 minutes. Cover with Colby cheese, and bake uncovered for an additional 15 minutes.