Instead of just plain potato soup, add some chicken and a few veggies. You're sure to like it!
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 6 medium potatoes, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can carrots, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can peas, drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups water, or as needed
- hot pepper sauce to taste
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat, and cook the chicken 10 minutes, or until evenly browned and juices run clear.
Mix the onion into pot with the chicken. Mix in potatoes, carrots, peas, and corn. Pour in milk an enough water to cover all ingredients. Season with hot sauce, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and continue cooking 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender.