Using rice pilaf mix makes this recipe quick and easy.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 tablespoons LAND O LAKES® Butter
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast strips
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 (6 ounce) package rice with toasted pasta pilaf mix
- 1 1/2 cups frozen French-cut green beans
- 1/2 cup LAND O LAKES® Sour Cream
Melt butter and garlic powder in 10-inch skillet until sizzling; add almonds. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until almonds are lightly browned (2 to 3 minutes). Remove almonds with slotted spoon. Set aside.
Increase heat to medium-high; add chicken strips to same skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned (5 to 7 minutes). Stir in water and rice with seasoning packet. Continue cooking until mixture comes to a boil (3 to 5 minutes).
Reduce heat to medium. Cover; cook 5 minutes. Uncover; stir in green beans. Cover; continue cooking 5 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Uncover; stir in sour cream. Sprinkle with almonds just before serving.