Still quite convenient, this version incorporates onion flavoring with rice, mushrooms and your choice of chicken pieces.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup milk
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a large bowl mix the rice, dry onion soup mix, cream of mushroom soup, mushroom pieces and milk.
Place the chicken pieces in a 9x13 inch baking dish and pour the mushroom mixture over the chicken. Cover and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour. Uncover and bake for 15 more minutes.