Here is a simple, homey casserole of spaghetti tossed with cooked chicken, cream of mushroom soup, mushrooms, broccoli, carrots and tomatoes, sprinkled with cubes of processed cheese and baked until warm and bubbly.
INGREDIENTS (for 5 servings):
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and chopped
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cups frozen cauliflower and carrots
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers (optional)
- 1 pound cubed processed cheese food
Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water until al dente.
In a large bowl, mix together cooked spaghetti, chopped chicken, cream of mushroom soup, canned mushrooms, onion, and vegetables. Mix in tomatoes with chilies, if desired. Pour mixture into a greased 2 quart casserole dish. Place cubed processed cheese food on top of dish.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and melted.