A delicious combination of chicken and spinach make a wonderful Italian meal. Make sure to have plenty of freshly grated Asiago cheese to top these ravioli.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 3/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 pound ground chicken
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Asiago cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (16 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Asiago cheese for topping
In a bowl, mix the eggs, water, 2 cups flour, and salt. Gradually mix in the remaining flour until smooth. Divide dough into 2 parts. Cover, and set aside in the refrigerator 20 minutes.
In a skillet over medium heat, cook the ground chicken until evenly brown; drain.
In a food processor, mix the chicken, spinach, and onion. Transfer to a bowl, and mix with butter, 3 tablespoons Asiago cheese, salt, garlic powder, nutmeg, and pepper.
On a lightly floured surface, roll out each part of the dough to 1/8 inch thickness. Cut into 2 inch squares. Place about 1 teaspoon of the chicken mixture in the center of 1/2 the squares, and top with remaining squares. Seal the edges of the squares with a moistened fork to form the ravioli.
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil, and cook the ravioli in small batches for about 8 minutes, or until al dente. Drain, and rinse under cold water.
Place the marinara sauce in a saucepan, and cook until heated through. Serve ravioli topped with marinara sauce and remaining Asiago cheese.