Chicken and vegetables are sandwiched between two layers of stuffing for a hearty big meal.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 4 cups dry bread stuffing mix
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cups cubed, cooked chicken meat
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 (4 ounce) jar sliced pimento peppers, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 (4.5 ounce) cans mushrooms, drained
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of celery soup
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds for topping
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Combine the stuffing and melted butter/margarine. Put 1/2 of the stuffing mixture in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the milk, chicken meat, peas, onion, ground black pepper, pimentos, water chestnuts, celery, mushrooms and soup. Mix well.
Pour chicken mixture over the stuffing in the baking dish, then add the other 1/2 of the stuffing mixture. Top with slivered almonds and bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes and serve.