Choose a pretty pasta - bow tie, penne or rotini. That 's half the fun in making this salad. A nice Italian dressing adds plenty of zip, and the only thing left is tossing in the chicken, green onions, olives and a few cucumbers.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 cup seashell pasta
- 1 cup chopped, cooked chicken meat
- 3 green onions, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 2/3 cup Italian-style salad dressing
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds (optional)
In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta until al dente, rinse under cold water and drain.
In a large bowl, combine the pasta, chicken, green onions, bell pepper, olives and cucumber.
Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat. Chill for 2 hours before serving; sprinkle with sunflower seeds if desired.