Leftover rice and chicken are simmered with chicken broth, pearl onions, mushrooms and parsley before half-and-half is added in this quick, creamy soup.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 (4.5 ounce) package quick cooking wild rice and chicken flavor mix
- 2 boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and cubed
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen pearl onions
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
Prepare rice mix according to package directions.
In a large pot, combine 1 1/2 cups prepared rice mix, cooked chicken, broth, onions, mushrooms, celery, parsley, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
For a thicker soup, stir in half-and-half and cook 5 minutes more.