Tarragon evokes the sweetness of Spring with its subtly licorice-scented leaves. Combined with whipped cream cheese and tender bits of chicken breast, this tarragon mixture is perfect served over fresh strands of linguine.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can NESTLE® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 (9 ounce) package BUITONI® refrigerated Linguine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse ground black pepper
HEAT oil in large skillet. Add chicken; cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
ADD shallot to skillet; stir, scraping up brown bits on bottom. Cook, stirring constantly, until shallot is tender. Whisk in evaporated milk, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, salt, black pepper, and tarragon; cook, whisking constantly, until sauce thickens slightly. Stir in chicken; cook until heated through.
PREPARE pasta according to package directions. Pour sauce over pasta; serve immediately.
Please look in your Grocer's Refrigerated Section for Buitoni's Pasta and Sauces