Cooked chicken or turkey breast, pasta, veggies, sherry and broth with creamy and cheesy elements, all baked into a classic. This casserole is a great way to use leftover turkey or chicken. Delicious and freezes well too.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 (16 ounce) package linguine pasta
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup minced onion
- 1 cup minced green bell pepper
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans water
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green peas
- 1/2 cup cooking sherry
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- paprika to taste
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and set aside.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Meanwhile, melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add mushrooms, onion and bell pepper and saute until tender. Stir in cream of mushroom soup, chicken broth and water and cook, stirring, until heated through. Stir in pasta, Cheddar cheese, peas, sherry, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and chicken. Mix well and transfer mixture to a lightly greased 11x14 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and paprika.
Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 35 minutes, or until heated through.