A tasty, filling version of a classic Mediterranean salad with chickpeas, tomatoes, cucumber, and onions tossed with Parmesan cheese, herbs, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 cucumber, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
In a large bowl, toss together chickpeas, cucumber, tomatoes, onion, garlic, parsley flakes, dried basil, and Parmesan cheese. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and season to taste with salt. Toss until well combined, and adjust seasoning as needed. Cover and refrigerate at least 45 minutes before serving. Serve chilled.