This recipe is lightly fried prawns in a hot and spicy sauce. Garnish with lemon wedges, sesame seeds, and cilantro. You can add more hot sauce if you want it spicier. If you can't find these ingredients at your local grocery store, I can assure you that
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 pound tiger prawns, peeled and deveined
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup tomato-based chili sauce
- 1/3 cup pomegranate juice
- 3 tablespoons sriracha hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup hot ketchup
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 lemons, juiced and zested
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
Heat oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Dredge prawns in flour, then fry in the hot oil until golden. Remove to paper towels to drain.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the chile sauce, pomegranate juice, sriracha hot sauce, hot ketchup, regular ketchup, soy sauce, lemon juice and lemon zest. Pour the sauce into a wok, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook until the sauce has reduced by about 10 percent and has thickened slightly. Mix the prawns into the sauce, and toss to coat. Serve immediately.