This scrumptious Southwestern-inspired stew can be prepared in minutes using leftover turkey.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, cut into medium dice
- 1/2 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and cut into small dice
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 cups canned hominy, drained
- 4 cups leftover turkey meat, pulled into large pieces
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
Heat oil in a large, deep saute pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper; cook until soft and golden, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and chili powder; continue to cook until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes longer. Add tomatoes, broth and hominy; bring to simmer. Reduce heat to low and simmer, partially covered, about 10 minutes, to blend flavors. Add turkey, salt and pepper. Simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes. Stir in cilantro. Serve with tortilla or corn chips if you like.
Find the Perfect Recipe from Pam Anderson.Copyright 2004 USA WEEKEND and columnist Pam Anderson. All rights reserved.