This special baked chicken features a cumin-laced stuffing of rice, chili peppers and cheese.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1/2 cup roasted green chili, chopped
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup crushed corn flakes cereal
- 1 egg, beaten
Mix together rice, chili, cheese, onion, and cumin.
Rinse chicken thoroughly, and pat dry. Cut a slit in each breast to create a pouch that is open on one side only. Stuff each chicken breast with rice filling.
Coat each stuffed breast with beaten egg, then coat in potato flakes and place in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 40 minutes, or until juices run clear. If the breasts dry out too quickly, cover loosely with a piece of foil.