Chicken broth and condensed cream of chicken soup form the base for this chicken stew with stewed tomatoes and mixed vegetables.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups cubed, cooked chicken meat
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
In a saucepan over medium heat, heat oil. Cook green bell pepper and onion until tender, stirring often.
Add cream of chicken soup, broth, chili powder and cooked chicken. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 10 minutes.
Add tomatoes and mixed vegetables. Cook for 30 minutes and then serve.