This is a Tex-Mex twist on stuffed chicken breasts. Chicken breasts are slow cooked with green and red peppers, tomato, cilantro, and cheese.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - pounded to 1/4 inch thickness
In a bowl, mix the shredded Cheddar cheese, green pepper, red pepper, cilantro, and tomatoes. Season with chili powder, cumin, and salt. Cover one side of the chicken breasts with enough cheese mixture to coat. Roll breasts over mixture, and secure with toothpicks.
Place the chicken breasts in a slow cooker. Pour in the remaining cheese mixture. Cover, and cook 3 hours on High.