A straight-forward chili with ground beef, canned kidney beans and chili powder simmered with crushed tomatoes for under an hour.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
In a 2 quart saucepan, brown hamburger in vegetable oil. Add onion and garlic, and cook until the onion is soft. Pour off any excess fat.
Stir in beans, crushed tomatoes, chili powder, and vinegar. Salt and pepper to taste. Heat to boiling, and reduce heat. Cover, and simmer 30 minutes.