Chocolate and spicy sausage are the signature ingredients in this beef and bean chili.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 2 (29 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (28 ounce) cans peeled and diced tomatoes
- 2 cups diced onion
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 pound bacon, diced
- 2 pounds spicy sausage
- 3 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 (32 ounce) bottle hickory smoke barbeque sauce
- 1/2 cup chili powder
- 4 (15.25 ounce) cans kidney beans, undrained
- 2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate, chopped
In a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat, combine tomato sauce, tomatoes, onion and Italian seasoning.
In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until slightly crisp. Drain and stir into the pot.
In the same skillet over medium heat, cook sausage until brown. Drain and stir into the pot.
In the same skillet over medium heat, cook the beef until brown. Drain and stir into the pot.
Stir the barbeque sauce and chili powder into the pot; taste and adjust seasonings. Stir in the kidney beans and chocolate and simmer until flavors are well blended. Serve.