A festive hardy dish perfect for large gatherings!
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/3 cups chopped red and yellow bell peppers
- 6 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup SPLENDA® Granular
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes with thick tomato puree
- 1 (19 ounce) can black beans, undrained
- 2 (19 ounce) cans dark red kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (19 ounce) can cannellini beans, undrained
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn
In a large, non stick, stock pot heat olive oil. Saute jalapeno pepper, onion, and red and yellow peppers over medium heat until onions are translucent (5-8 minutes).
Add the remaining ingredients and slowly bring to a boil. Cover pot and simmer on low heat for 20 minutes. Serve hot. Chili tastes best when allowed to sit overnight. Refrigerate chili in covered pot overnight. Bring to a boil over a low heat, stirring constantly. Serve with SPLENDA Hearty Corn Cakes.
If hot chili is preferred, increase the ground cayenne red pepper to 1 teaspoon, and increase the chili powder to 7 teaspoons. If sweeter chili is preferred, increase SPLENDA to 2/3 cup.©2002 McNeil-PPC, Inc. SPLENDA and the SPLENDA logo are trademarks of McNeil-PPC, Inc. All Rights Reserved. This content is intended for USA audiences only.