Spicy chili with ground beef, kidney beans, tomatoes, onions and garlic. Can be served over rice.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 chile pepper, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 3 (14.5 ounce) cans whole peeled tomatoes with liquid, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6 whole cloves
- 2 (15.25 ounce) cans red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
In a medium sized stock pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Saute onion, chile pepper and garlic until soft. Add ground beef: cook and stir until meat is browned.
Pour in tomatoes with liquid, salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, paprika, oregano, cinnamon sticks, and cloves. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
Stir in kidney beans, and cook another 15 minutes. Remove cinnamon sticks before serving.