Ground beef and kidney beans are seasoned with garlic, oregano, cumin, and chili powder to make a chili that's packed with flavor.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes with liquid, chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
In a large skillet over medium heat, combine onion, garlic, and tomato paste. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
Stir in butter until melted. Stir in flour, oregano, cumin, chili powder, tomatoes and beef. Cook uncovered for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in the beans and cook for another 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Salt and pepper to taste.