Spicy chili with ground beef, onion, garlic, and kidney beans simmered in tomato sauce. Seasoned with oregano and cinnamon. Served over ziti pasta and topped with Cheddar cheese.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1/2 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 16 ounces dry ziti pasta
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
In a medium pot over medium heat, brown the ground beef, onion and garlic until the meat is no longer pink; drain fat.
Pour in tomato sauce, chili powder, oregano and cinnamon; mix thoroughly. Pour in kidney beans and water; stir well. Salt and pepper to taste. Simmer on low for 30 minutes.
Bring a medium pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Pour in the ziti pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
Serve the chili over the ziti and top with cheddar cheese.