Its seems exotic, is pretty to look at and is a quick, sweet-sour way to take in the nutrients of beets - high in folic acid and antioxidants. Serve it in clear glass bowls for added appeal.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 (16 ounce) jar pickled beets
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups plain fat-free yogurt (reserve 1/2 cup for garnish)
- 1 pinch Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives
In a blender, puree beets, orange and lemon juices, and 1 cup yogurt. Add salt and pepper. Chill two hours or more. To serve, top with a dollop of reserved yogurt and the chives.
To serve, top with a dollop of reserved yogurt and the chives.