The salad has cabbage and broccoli and crunchy ramen doodles and a smattering of green onion. The dressing is pungent, and poured over the salad while still warm. Chill before serving.
INGREDIENTS (for 5 servings):
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (3 ounce) package chicken flavored ramen noodles, crushed, seasoning packet reserved
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (16 ounce) package broccoli coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 4 ounces toasted slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
In a small saucepan, cook the vinegar and sugar over medium heat until dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in salt, pepper, ramen seasoning packet and oil. Set aside to cool.
In a large bowl, combine the uncooked ramen noodles, broccoli coleslaw mix, and green onions. Pour dressing over salad; toss evenly to coat. Refrigerate until chilled.
Sprinkle with almonds and sesame seeds before serving.