Some standard Chinese ingredients--water chestnuts, mushrooms, chow mein noodles, almonds--combine with chicken and a surprise dose of Cheddar cheese in this easy casserole.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts - cooked and cubed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and minced
- 1 (5 ounce) can crispy chow mein noodles
- 2/3 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup diced celery (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish, combine the chicken, broth, soup, milk, almonds, mushroom pieces, water chestnuts, noodles, cheese and celery (if using). Mix well and make sure mixture is spread evenly in the dish.
Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes.