Delicate rice vinegar dresses this salad of chicken, lettuce, nuts and the requisite sesame seeds and crisp Chinese noodles.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 3 1/2 boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and diced
- 1 head lettuce, torn into small pieces
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 4 stalks celery, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 6 ounces Chinese noodles, heated briefly to crisp
- 6 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup peanut oil
In a large salad bowl combine the chicken, lettuce, green onion, celery, nuts, seeds and noodles. Mix all together. Set aside.
To Make Dressing: Put vinegar in a small bowl. Dissolve sugar and salt in vingegar before adding oil. Shake/Beat well.
Add dressing to salad and toss to coat. Serve and enjoy!