First comes the sweet and sour sauce and a bit of ginger in a bowl. Next romaine and bean sprouts. Then the shredded chicken. Give it a stir and you have a remarkable luncheon entree. Top with almonds and a good sprinkling of ground pepper.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 cup sweet and sour sauce
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- 6 cups romaine lettuce - torn, washed and dried
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and shredded
- 1/2 cup cornflakes cereal
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (optional)
Pour sweet and sour sauce into a large bowl. Sprinkle ground ginger into the bowl and mix it thoroughly with the sauce.
Place romaine lettuce and bean sprouts into the bowl of sauce and toss it a few times.
Add the shredded chicken to the bowl and toss it thoroughly with the lettuce and bean sprouts.
Transfer the salad into a large serving bowl or 4 separate serving bowls. Top with cornflakes, almonds and a pinch of black ground pepper. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired.