This chicken ramen soup is spiced with turmeric, chile paste and ginger, and flavored with soy sauce.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger root
- 2 tablespoons chile paste
- 1 pound chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Cook turmeric, ginger and chile paste in oil until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in chicken, broth, sugar, soy sauce and celery. Bring to a boil, then introduce noodles and cook 3 minutes. Stir in lettuce and remove from heat. Serve garnished with green onions.