Pasta is pasta, but the spicy peanut sauce is a knock out. Natural peanut butter is dolled up with soy sauce, crushed red pepper, veggie broth and garlic. Add a bit of scallion, bell pepper and cilantro - and toss.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 8 ounces dry fettuccine pasta
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water until al dente. Rinse and drain. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine peanut butter, broth, soy sauce, garlic, and crushed red pepper. Mix well. Add pasta, sliced red pepper, scallions, and cilantro; toss to combine. Chill.