This easy roasted chicken is flavored with a delicate sauce and then basted while roasting.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 (4 pound) fresh or thawed whole roasting chicken
- 2 tablespoons Kikkoman Lite Soy Sauce
- 2 teaspoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 large clove garlic, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
Remove and discard giblets and neck from chicken. Rinse chicken under cold running water; drain well and pat dry with paper towels. Pierce chicken thoroughly with fork. Place chicken, breast side up, in shallow, foil-lined roasting pan.
Combine lite soy sauce, sherry, oil, garlic, fennel, ginger, sugar and cloves. Brush cavity and skin thoroughly with sauce mixture.
Roast in 325 degrees F. oven 1 hour and 45 minutes, or until meat thermometer inserted into thigh registers 180, brushing chicken occasionally with remaining sauce mixture during last 40 minutes of roasting time.
Remove chicken from oven and let stand 10 minutes before carving.