Fresh veggies and vermicelli pasta are tossed together with a flavorful Asian-style peanut sauce to make a pasta salad that can be served warm or cold.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic
- 1 teaspoon ginger, fresh, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil, Asian
- 3/4 teaspoon Asian hot chili oil
- 4 cups Mann's Broccoli Wokly®, chopped
- 1 pound vermicelli, or other thin noodle
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- sesame seeds, toasted (for garnish)
In a large bowl, whisk together peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, salt, vegetable oil, sesame oil and chili oil; until well blended.
Bring a large pot of water to boil over high heat. Add Mann's Broccoli Wokly. When water returns to a full boil, remove broccoli with a slotted spoon and rinse in a colander under cold running water. Set aside to drain.
In the same large pot, once again bring water to boil. Add vermicelli and cook until just tender, 6 to 8 minutes (or as package directs). Drain vermicelli in a colander and rinse under cold running water; drain again. Add to the peanut butter mixture, stirring and tossing to coat well. Gently stir in broccoli, bell pepper and green onions. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve cold or at room temperature.