The distinctive smoky, sweet flavor and heat of chipotle chile pepper, a dried and smoked jalapeno, is much sought after by those who love Mexican cooking. Savor authentic flavor in this rub for roasted chicken and enjoy this easy-to-use form of chipotle
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Chipotle Chile Pepper
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Paprika
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Oregano Leaves
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Garlic Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Ground Cumin
- 1 1/2 pounds small (1 1/2 to 2-inch) red or white potatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 (3 pound) chicken, quartered
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Combine chipotle chile pepper, paprika, oregano, garlic salt and cumin. In large bowl, toss potatoes with oil and 1 teaspoon of the spice mixture. Mix brown sugar with remaining spice mixture; set aside.
Line jellyroll pan with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Rub chicken pieces on both sides with remaining spice mixture, rubbing a little under the skin as well. Arrange chicken, skin-side-up, on one half of baking pan.
Arrange potatoes, in single layer, on other half of pan. Loosely cover chicken and potatoes with aluminum foil. Bake 40 minutes; remove foil. Turn and rearrange potatoes. Bake, uncovered, 20 minutes longer or until meat thermometer inserted in chicken thigh registers 180 degrees F and potatoes are tender. Garnish with cilantro.