Pineapple and avocado cut the heat of chipotle peppers just enough without depriving the steak of its bite. Serve any extra salsa with lime wedges and tortilla chips.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 (20 ounce) can DOLE® Pineapple Chunks
- 2 canned Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, seeded and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds beef skirt steak
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
Drain pineapple, reserve 1 tablespoon juice. In small bowl, combine reserved pineapple juice, chipotle peppers, garlic, honey and 2 teaspoons lime juice. Reserve 2 teaspoons mixture for salsa.
Heat ridged grill pan over medium-high heat until very hot. Place steak in pan; brush top with half chipotle mixture and cook 2 minutes. Turn steak over and brush with remaining mixture. Cook 2 to 3 minutes longer for medium-rare or until desired degree of doneness. Turn steak over again and cook 30 seconds longer. Transfer steak to a cutting board; keep warm.
For Pineapple-Avocado Salsa: In medium bowl mix pineapple chunks, avocado, red bell pepper, green onions, parsley, reserved 2 teaspoons chipotle mixture and remaining 2 teaspoons lime juice.
Thinly slice steak; serve with Pineapple-Avocado Salsa.